Sunday, April 24, 2011

feels like starting over

A little over a month ago, I was an English teacher in Japan.  Now, I'm just another American trying to build a life for myself in a bad economy.

I have a summer job secured and an interview for an even better job on Tuesday. I bought my first Good Car.  Zack and I are looking into getting an apartment. Forms are signed. Friends are visited.  Life happens.

Even as I go through the motions of starting over, I can't help but think of the life that I left behind.  
The principal and English teachers at my junior high school.

Some of my awesome graduating students. 

My last lesson with a third-grade class.
The view from the English office during winter.

The adorable children of our Miyada friends.
I wonder when I'll be homesick again.

No comments:

Post a Comment