Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's really happening.

It just hit me today that I'm leaving for Japan in less than two weeks. I won't see my friends or family for an indefinite amount of time--maybe even a whole year. It's surreal that this is happening to me, that this is my life. I feel like I'm living in a dream sometimes because I just never thought that this was really going to happen. Or maybe deep down I always knew that this part of my life was just a stepping stone, a means to an end. I have the plane ticket. I'm leaving. I'm finally really getting out of Georgia.

I'm so ready to stop missing him. But if it's not missing one person, it's missing all the other people in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to hanging out with you and Zack! Long distance blows...I couldn't even make it a year here without making plans to go home and see my boy...but Japan is great, you will like it. It's a lot different and there are parts of life here that are really really irritating, but overall it's a great place. Good luck and I'll be seeing you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete