Thursday, April 29, 2010

amazon!

I got the rest of my books from Amazon Japan the other day: Airships by Barry Hannah and Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott. I also ordered Eric Nelson's new book, The Twins. He was my poetry professor in college and is an awesome poet. Here's where you can buy it, if you're interested: http://splitoakpress.com/

In other news, I am submitting a short story to Glimmer Train's Family Matters contest. I am doing it. I'm not lying. I'm not pretending to be a writer. I've been working on this story on and off for a couple years, and I just need to finish it and send it away. I plan on putting the final touches on it tomorrow. Even if I don't win or get accepted, I still win. I just have to start doing things like that if I ever expect to make a career out of writing. Please ask to see the story! Or ask me how that submitting stuff went. If anyone cares at all about me, you will try and hold me a little accountable. Please, someone act like they care about whether or not I become a writer. I'm hoping that in the near future, I won't need this kind of babying, because that's not what writing and art are really about, but for the time being, some kind of friendly kick in the ass would be greatly appreciated.

I need to find that note that I wrote myself two years ago, right before PC died:
WRITE EVERYDAY, OR YOU'LL NEVER BE A WRITER AND NO ONE WILL CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

I've been writing every day, but damn if I can finish everything. That will change, though, starting tomorrow!

1 comment: